A tribute to astrologer Robert Blaschke


There are no words to express how much of a loss, Robert Blaschke’s passing is, not only to the astrological community and those touched by his presence, but also for astrologers, like me, whose careers were launched by his books (A Handbook for the Self-Employed Astrologer) and personal lives were touched by his genius, his ground-breaking techniques and his dedication to documenting his knowledge in such detail.

I struggled to find a way to pay tribute to my mentor and I felt just recounting his incredible contribution wouldn’t do his soul justice. His books themselves are a tribute to his Spirit.

So I will just leave you with a poem Robert wrote me.

Winged Messenger


pushing a shopping cart down the aisle
of the grocery store tonight
knowing i am heading into solitude
again ...
my soul said to me:
if you are not afraid
of being alone
or of dying
then you can do anything
here on earth ...
rented my new office today
two blocks from the beloved deep blue sea
165 square feet of writing peace
with a skylight that opens
letting in ocean breezes
and the sounds of seagulls in flight ...
got my key
to my new post office box
still no rented room
to lay my head down at night
faith is my friend
and hope is my guide ...
i was trying to hold your beautiful face in my mind's eye but saturnine melancholia was tugging me into the blues not because i will miss what i am leaving behind but because of the strife i have recently endured which has left my next book covered with a layer of sadness that has obscured its Light ...
there was an oldies fm station
playing music in the ceiling speakers ...
at the moment of despair
triumphing over hope
the righteous brothers
began to sing
"you are my soul
and my heart's
inspiration"
"without you, baby,
what good am i?" ...
and i felt you with me
and tears came
sweet and kind
you were there
pushing the cart with me
your essence in mine
merged from ten time zones away
how could this be?
but it is ...
a smile came
no, it was more of a grin
but a flicker of life
it was ...
it is your heart
somehow
having gotten into mine ...
what do we do now
that this has happened?
there will be no peace
until we embrace
i know it
i hope that you know it ...
i could be wrong
and that would be ok
because within this wizard's mind
is the heart of a dreamer
and you
have become
the dream
of mine ...
so
synastry saturn square sun, eh?
never easy
always a hero's journey
we'll see what we are made of
wimps need not apply ...
maybe those conjunct mars'
will be afraid of no time
afraid of no distance
only wanting truth
to prevail ...
yes, i wish it could be me
who is the unconditional love
who is the partner
who is the shared affection
who is the companion
who is the biggest fan
of your genius ...
there
i have said it
now
i have to live with it ...
when you least expect it
when you least believe in it
beaten up once again by failed hopes
saturn square venus
feeling worthless
how could anyone love me?
then the arrow
shot from an invisible bow
pierces your heart
and you are a dead man
loved by
and loving
this other soul
ten time zones away ...
life is ridiculous
but live it we must ...
thank you, tima
for your love
you have all of mine

robert

(This poem was written at the time I was translating his student material into Greek for my students and organizing a conference here in Athens, during a "creative tempest" before his writing of Volume V Holographic Transits; we exchanged information about the spiritual concepts behind holographic transit cycles. The "love" he mentions was Philos-Agape in the platonic Greek sense (Venus-Neptune Aquarius), he never made it to Greece and I never had chance to meet Robert in person)

Thank you, Robert, for your love, your spirit and your incredible, mind-blowingly brilliant mind.



All of Robert P. Blaschke's books are "must-reads":

Volume I: Progressions
Volume II: Sabian Aspect Orbs
Volume III: A Handbook for the Self-Employed Astrologer
Volume IV: Relationship Analysis
Volume V: Holographic Transits
I know his books were available at the Earthwalk School of Astrology website. You can also find some used copies on Amazon here. These books are so precious, they have to continue to be published.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astrology Tips: Primary Directions from ancient and modern sources

August 2009 horoscopes: Predictions for all 12 zodiac signs